16-21 years old – Construction/Brick Laying Apprentice Required
We are a long established rural building company based in Winkhill between Leek and Ashbourne. All our jobs are within the Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire. Own transport to and from site is essential.
You will be working along side skilled tradesmen to assist with brick, stone and block projects. e.g extensions, barn conversions, new builds. We cover all works from foundations, drainage, laying concrete floor slabs, new wall and roof construction (you would be required to work on scaffolding).
Your duties would include
- Assisting tradesmen with all works as required whilst following strict health and safety rules.
- Using a cement mixer and power tools (training will be given).
- Setting out and loading materials.
- Keeping tools and site clean and tidy.
- Attend college one day a week during term times and completing NVQ level 2 Brickwork (2 year duration), if successful complete NVQ level 3 Brickwork (1 year duration).
- No previous experience required but you must be enthusiastic and highly motivated to learn new skills and have a genuine interest in the construction industry.
You must be;
- Polite and courteous.
- Reliable and a good timekeeper.
- Responsible for own transport.
- Willing to work in all weathers.
- Hours 7.45 – 4.45 Monday – Friday, 28 days paid holiday (this includes bank holidays).
Wage £4.70 per hour (£199.75 based on the hours above, excluding lunch break) – this applies to all ages for the first year of training.
If successful leading to full time employment for the right candidate.
Please consider your transport before applying as we are rural based, as is most of our work.
HOW TO APPLY- COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM